Endocrinology is a specialty of medicine; some would say a sub-specialty of internal medicine, which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to hormones.
Endocrinology covers such human functions as the coordination of metabolism, respiration, reproduction, sensory perception, and movement. Endocrinology also focuses on the endocrine glands and tissues that secrete hormones.
The word “endocrinology” comes from the Greek endon meaning “within”, and the Greek krinein meaning “to separate”.
The Department of Endocrinology is committed to integrating their medical expertise and comprehensive care to treat all ailments emanating from diabetes and other endocrine-related disorders. Our team of doctors provide consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic services in the management of thyroid disorders, diabetes, pituitary and disorders of physical growth, adrenal disorders, and disorders of male and female hormones. The department offers a wide spectrum of treatment for endocrine and metabolic diseases.
Our Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Obesity has the best & most dedicated team of Endocrinologists, Bariatric Surgeons, Podiatrists, Diabetes Educators, Diabetes Specialist nurses, Dieticians, Ophthalmologists (retina specialist) etc. who compassionately work towards providing high quality medical services to patients who suffer from Diabetes, Obesity & other Endocrine Disorders.
Services and Treatments Offered
The Endocrine department attends to following disorders.
- Diabetes and its complications
- Diabetes Foot Disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Growth and sexual development disorders
- Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Calcium and parathyroid gland disorders.
- Hyperandrogenic disorders like Hirsutism, polycystic ovaries.
- Obesity (In consultation with Dietician, Bariatric Surgeon)
- Infertility (Consultation with Gynaecologist and Urologist, infertility specialist)
- Disorders of pituitary, adrenal and other Hormonal disorders.